7 Affordable Cars You Should Think About
Affording a car can be an expensive proposition, especially on top of already expensive student loan bills, a housing mortgage, or extensive credit card debt. However, you might still want the safety and guarantees that come with a dealership-bought new car, instead of going the route of buying the cheaper but riskier used car. Santa Barbara Banking Rates has provided you with seven cars that might fit your financial situation and enable you to get a low interest auto loan.
- Chevrolet Aveo Sedan – MSRP: $11,965. The Aveo offers 35 miles to the gallon and will go up to 420 miles on one filled tank. OnStar comes complimentary for the first year and the warranty lasts for five years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. It also comes with roadside assistance and courtesy transportation packages.
- Hyundai Accent Blue – MSRP: $13,645. This car model is affordable, fuel efficient, and safe. It gets up to 36 miles per gallon on the highway. The Accent also features some of America’s newest safety features, including six airbags, a tire pressure monitoring system, and an energy absorbing steering column. Its warranty lasts for ten years or 100,000 miles.
- Kia Reo – MSRP: $11,695. “The pursuit of happiness was never this much fun” is the motto for this very affordable car. This model gets up to 36 miles per gallon on the highway and 28 in the city. The 2009 and 2010 models both received the Smartway Certification Mark which recognizes cars for a low greenhouse gas and air pollution score. The car also comes with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.
- Nissan Versa 1.6 – MSRP: $11,090. This little car has won multiple awards, including one of ForbesAutos.com’s 10 Least Expensive Cars to Own, a Top Safety Pick for the IIHS, and a four year winner of Consumer Digest’s Automotive Best Buy Award. It gets 28 miles per gallon in the city and 34 on the highway. The Versa also has space for five and top-of-the-line safety features.
- Smart Fortwo Pure – MSRP: $11,990. This base model smart car comes with an electronic stability program, anti-lock brakes, and airbags, just to name a few of the safety features. Its small size makes it easy to park and get around larger vehicles. The warranty lasts for 2 years or 24,000 miles.It gets 33 miles per gallon in the city and 41 on the highway. Keep in mind that the maximum speed is 90 miles per hour.
- Suzuki SX4 Sedan FWD – MSRP: $13,359. Getting 33 miles per gallon on the highway, the Suzuki SX4 blends youthful enthusiasm and style together into an affordable car. The 2008 model won an award from Edmunds.com calling it the Lowest 5-Year Maintenance and Repair Cost vehicle. Furthermore, it combines good fuel economy with cargo space and room for five people.
- Toyota Yaris – MSRP: $12,605. This hatchback vehicle was named the 2010 Best Overall Value of the Year by IntelliChoice.com. The Yaris gets 36 miles per gallon on the highway and 29 in the city. It comes with a three year or 36,000 mile warranty, as well as a Star Safety System.
As you consider which vehicle will be your next purchase, let Santa Barbara Banking Rates help you find the best auto loan rates for your area.